My inspiration for Yoga Freeze Dance came from the popular “This or That” fitness videos.
I would consider this activity a 2 in 1 pe game. Not only could it be used as a pe at home game, but it would also make a great projector warm up/instant activity for students when we return back to school.
As you know, keeping the attention of young students can be quite a challenge.
When I first tried leading a small yoga session this is what I had in mind:
In reality this is what I got:
One of the most important things as an elementary teacher is keeping things simple!
How to play:
- Start by bringing up the video (which can be found below)
- When the music starts, you will start dancing or moving around
- You can either dance along or come up with your own dance moves
- When the music stops, you will look at the screen and freeze like the yoga pose for 10 seconds
- Yoga poses will get harder as the game goes on
- This will continue until the end of the game