Want to watch the video of how this game is played?! Click the following link:
*PE Games Aliens vs Astronauts
- Some type of soft ball (squishy dodge balls work great)
- Bowling pins
- Cones to divide the gym, but not necessary
- Divide the students into two teams. One side will be the Astronauts the other side will be the Aliens!
- Set up the bowling pins on one side of the gym and these will represent the planets.
- The Astronauts are the defenders of the Universe and they will be trying to protect the planets and stop any missiles (dodge balls) from destroying the planets. If a planet does get destroyed or knocked over they have the ability to set it back up again.
- Astronauts are also in charge of throwing the balls back into the Universe (to the other side)
- The Aliens must stay on their half of the gym, but are trying to destroy as many planets as they can before the time is up.
- Play for several minutes before ending the round and switching roles.
Additional ways to play:
- Can add a point value to the game: for each planet you destroy you score 5 points. Every ball an Astronaut catches and throws back to the other side is worth 1 points etc.
- Can adapt the game to utilize overhand throwing, rolling, or kicking.
- Can play so astronauts can’t set back on the pins if they get knocked over