I feel like I say this a lot, but seriously this tag game definitely ranks in my top 5 favorite! Even though I would classify this as a pe halloween game, my students will beg to play it throughout the year. This is also one of those games that will get your students cheering with excitement the second you introduce it! 😎
How To Play:
- Select 1 student to start off as the infected zombie and give them the pool noodle. This is the only zombie that will be allowed to run in the game.
- The rest of the students will start off as “survivors”
- Everyone must stay on lines of the gym (this is the biggest rule). It doesn’t matter if you’re a survivor or zombie you must stay on the lines
- There is no line jumping. Line jumping is when students jump from one line over to the next one.
- If a student/survivor is tagged, they are no longer a survivor and get turned into a zombie. To become a zombie, they must either walk on their knees, crawl on their bellies, or bear crawl. Remember they must stay on the lines.
- These new zombies now become taggers as they are as well and will try to tag survivors that are still in the game to try and infect them.
- Zombies are allowed to work together to try and trap survivors that are still in the game.
- Play either for a certain time limit or until you have 1 lone survivor
- If a survivor and a zombie get into a disagreement/discussion on whether or not they got tagged; have them play rock, paper, scissors to decide who wins. This will help eliminate any arguing in the game!