So this pe warm up game and instant activity may have to go in the hall of fame. I created this game a few years ago and it instantly became a class favorite for my students in Grades K-2.
How To Play:
- Select 2-3 taggers to be it. Helpful hint- I always use pool noodles to eliminate students from falling down or getting tagged to hard
- Everyone else will be trying to stay away from the taggers
- One safe spot in the game is going inside your turtle shell. To do this, students will get down on the ground and cover their head. If a student is inside their shell, they are safe and can’t be tagged.
- If a student does get tagged, they will lay on their back and put their hands and feet up in the air. We call this being a turtle on its back.
- In order to get back in, another student must come over and grab both hands and help them back to their feet.
Interested in more pe games, instant activities, and the chance to collaborate with other physed teachers? Be sure to checkout my new facebook group called the PE Lounge: